Algorithm Trading through ZEBULL API Bridge
What is Algorithmic Trading?
The act of trading financial instruments has witnessed many game- transforming leaps in its history. The Internet has transformed our everyday lives and its impact has been innovative on our financial markets. Nearly every task a retail trader or an institutional investor undertakes has been impacted by, or likened to, ever-changing technology. The new electronic exchanges and current institutional exchanges offered significantly faster processing rates, allowing for more volumes than ever before to be processed.
Indirectly, the growing volumes produced markets that were vulnerable to heightened volatility and lightning-fast pricing fluctuations. Some market players decided to simplify trading activities in an effort to keep up with the changing marketplace. As information systems technology grew, it became possible to perform advanced mathematical computations in real time. Trading systems were created and implemented based on complex statistical formulas and the modern algorithmic trade discipline was founded.
In order to enter and exit exchange according to set criteria such as price fluctuations or volatility levels, algorithmic trading use computer codes and chart analytics. Once the current market conditions match any predetermined criteria, trading algorithms can execute a buy or sell order on your behalf. This can save you time scanning the markets, and it means that your trades are executed almost instantly.
Why Zebu Algorithmic Trading?
Zebu Algorithmic trading focuses on algorithmic trading, where the trades are handled by computer programs. Our Automated/Algorithmic trading uses a computer program that follows a defined set of instructions (an algorithm) to place a trade. The trade, in theory, can generate profits at a speed and frequency that is impossible for a human trader.
At Zebu we help you set up your own algo trading system with the help of our software. You just need to open the software and enter your credentials. After this click on “start trading” and let the software take trades on your behalf based on either your strategy or our own trusted strategy.
Our market strategy lies in what is called market making, which means that we simultaneously offer market participants the option to both purchase and sell assets with us. This makes exchange trading significantly easier
Zebull APIBridge is India’s fastest algo platform and the ultimate tool for system trading. empowers your algos with order management, risk management and strategy management features. It can be integrated with the most popular platforms like Trading View, Amibroker, MT4, Ninja Trader, Python, VBA etc. The integration is easy and simple for all the platforms and you can send signals to the Bridge through any front-end trading/charting platform. It is India’s only platform which connects with multiple external strategy tools for system trading.
Zebull API Bridge Functionalities
Zebull APIBridge you to algo trade with various stages like Amibroker, MT4, Trading View, Python, Excel, Ninja Trader and so on. It allows you to control all the parameters of the trades starting from the one click login to firing order and the account level live risk management. Following are the exclusive functionalities of the Zebull APIBridge
- Auto Square-Off: A feature of trading where a trader buys or sells stocks for a day with the hope of gaining the profit. Auto square off facility is where brokers automatically square off the positions at the specified time
- Order Management: Facilitates and manages the execution of trade orders. An order must be placed in a trading system to execute a buy or sell order for a security
- Order Notifications on Phone and Email: You can setup notifications in APIBridge for signal received and order placed. It can be particularly helpful to supervise when you are not in front of your computer
- Paper Trading Mode for Testing: As emulated trade that allows an investor to practice buying and selling without risking real money. API Bridge allows paper trading mode, to test out the entire setup. You can use the app for full automated trading without risking any money
- Risk Management: It allows you to manage risk both at the strategy level and global (account level) and avoids strategy misfire.
- Strategy Management: It enables you to trade with custom strategies and truly protects the privacy of your trading strategies.
- Trade Management:
- Trading view Integration through Google Chrome Extension: Follow free market quotes, your watchlist, public and private chats from Trading View, while surfing the Web in any browser tab. This Trading View browser extension for Chrome gives you quick access to stock quotes
- Zero Programming Efforts: Trading can be done without having or nil programming knowledge. Using simple instructions, a computer program will automatically monitor the stock price and place the buy and sell orders when the defined conditions are met
Benefits of Zebull API Bridge
- Trades are Timed Correctly and Instantly to avoid Significant Price Changes: The main reason is if you are trading a strategy which is profitable for you, you need to be able to increase the speed of execution for making the profitable trades happen speedily. Through our Zebull API Bridge, trades are timed “correctly and instantly” to avoid substantial price changes. The algorithms have the ability to analyse a range of technical indicators and parameters in a split second and execute the trade instantly. The amplified speed is vital as the price movements are captured by the traders the minute it happens.
- Reduced Risk of Manual Errors When Placing Trades: Another noteworthy benefit of Zebull API Bridge is that there is “minimum human intervention”. This implies that the likelihood of errors reduces considerably. The algos are checked and rechecked, and they do not get affected by the human errors. It is possible for a trader to make an error and analyze the technical indicators inaccurately, nevertheless, computer programs do not make such errors in ideal scenarios. Thus, the trades get executed with utmost accuracy.
- Reduced Possibility of Mistakes by Human Traders Based on Psychological Factors: The most significant benefit of Zebull API Bridge is the minimization of human emotions. The strategies are pre-formulated and there is no room for the traders to get affected by their emotions. Once the pre-required objectives are met, the trade gets executed automatically, and the trader does not have the option of rethinking and questioning the trade. This keeps both under-trading and over-trading in control. The psychological elements are eliminated from the trade and there is no room for deviation from the initial strategies.
- Simultaneous Automated Checks on Multiple Market Conditions: Zebull API Bridge uses algorithms and computers that can track multiple variables simultaneously, and select the best trade possible. Thus, the process of executing multiple trades and multiple strategies simultaneously becomes comparatively easy. The trading opportunities could be scanned over a wide-range of markets, instruments, assets, and orders are executed concurrently. This leads to diversification which is very challenging in the absence of algorithms and automation.
- Trades are Executed at the Best Possible Prices: Zebull API Bridge processes the trades automatically. The moment the trade criteria are met, the algorithm responds to the market change and generates orders. Entry and exit speed are extremely crucial to the trading process, as delay of even few seconds could result in losses. Thus, superior speed of entry and exit facilitates the traders in capturing the price movements at the “exact point”.
- Low Transaction Cost: Zebull API Bridge allows the execution of huge volumes of trade in a short time period. Because of this, multiple trades are processed and the transaction costs is reduced. As such, traders do not have to spend as much time monitoring the markets, since trades can be executed without continuous supervision.
- Preview Automated Strategy to See if it is a Viable Trading Strategy: Using Zebull API Bridge, algo-trading can be back-tested using available historical and real-time data to see if it is a viable trading strategy. Trading strategies are usually verified by back-testing: you reconstruct, with historical data, trades that would have occurred in the past using the rules that are defined with the strategy that you have developed. This way, you can get an idea of the effectiveness of your strategy, and you can use it as a starting point to optimize and improve your strategy before applying it to real markets.
- Saves Time Involved in Monitoring Market Fluctuations: Markets change rapidly and underestimations/omissions can prove costly. Thus, our Zebull API Bridge is carefully designed and even more thoroughly tested. Subsequently, trading activity at the exchange is constantly monitored by our traders. At the same time, all valid parameters are regularly updated in order to correspond to changing market environments. We achieve this by the ongoing improvement of our algorithms, as well as by using a trading infrastructure that enables us to quickly respond to market fluctuations.
You can create “n” number of strategies based on your success methodology and deploy the suitable as per your trading portfolio. Our strategic desk will guide you to deploy the suitable one or create your favorable strategy. Some of the strategies are,
- Candlestick Formation: It involves determining the timing of market entry based on high probability patterns and managing the trade according to some predetermined rules that conform to your money management policy. When it comes to trading price actions, finding opportunities in the market by looking for candlestick patterns is one of the best ways to go about it.
- Trend Line & Line Tools: Algo strategies can help you identify the trend or early reversal of the trend. Strategies on algo are based on price, volume, support, resistance or any other concept which the investor has confidence on and is comfortable with. Since algo uses technology and data, it has more chances to detect the correct trend.
- Momentum: A trading strategy in which investors buy securities that are rising and sell them when they look to have peaked. Momentum-based algos simply follow when there is a spike in volatility or momentum ignition. The algo jumps on that momentum spike with buy or sell orders and a tight stop. The idea behind the momentum-based algorithms is simple.
- Option Strategies: Algorithmic Options tradingis fast gaining traction as a way to get a better grip of the Options trading space. Options are used by people to hedge their risks, and when this is traded algorithmically. Technically, algorithmic trading follows a definitive set of pre-defined instructions to take positions, but unlike the completely automated process, it is more perceptive to changing market scenarios. It brings about a systematic order to your options trade and no doubt it opens up a better liquidity position in the market.
- Scalping Techniques: A trading strategy designed to profit from small price changes, with profits on these trades taken quickly and once a trade has become profitable. Scalping is about placing the right trades every day and trusting the process with the help of algo trading platform. The aim is for a successful trading algo trading strategy through a large number of winners, rather than a few successful trades with large winning sizes.
- Arbitrage Trading: Usually, stocks are listed in more than one exchange. The prices on each of these exchanges may differ. Arbitrage trading takes advantage of these differences in price, of the same stock, on different exchanges. The algo trading strategy will buy the stock on the low-price exchange and sell the stock on the high-price exchange
Zebu was founded in the year 2008 with a shared understanding of what the Indian trader lacked to become profitable. We started off with the aim of filling the technological and service gap that hindered traders’ and investors’ growth to increased returns. We have grown eventually as a stand-alone organisation and have attained the leading position in the financial industry in a very short span of time. Zebu offers a wide range of products to its clients that is feasible for their present as well as future financial needs. Besides, we also provide a safe and secure trading platform through which the investors can trade smartly and efficiently
Zebu aims at filling the technological and service gaps that hinders the traders and the investors growth to the increased returns. We constantly update our products and services that fulfils every intricate need of the demanding trader. It includes the powerful trading platforms across the multiple devices, a single account for the trading across the multiple asset classes and the order generator for research analysts and investment advisors. We have a team of researchers and analysts who publish reports on recent market trends and most favourable trading products. It helps investors in getting the most effective trading and investing product.
1. Single Margin System: Get a unified domain for trading across multiple segments. You need not go through the cumbersome process of toggling between different trading accounts. With the single margin account, you need not set aside an amount for transfer charges. A transfer of funds between your commodity and equity account would require that you pay charges, and we understand that you should not be paying to trade with your own mone The time taken to transfer money from one account to another can be spent productively instead.
2. Easy to Connect the Relationship Manager: However much the business of broking may get automated, it always adds value to have a human interface with your broker. We at Zebu allocate relationship managers to clients who can be your contact point for all purposes. This person is a very important link and help clients resolve many problems. Also, the relationship manager is like a guide who can red flag concerns in the market and highlight opportunities to you.
3. Free Training Programs: We are committed to teaching the skills one needs to make smarter trading investment decisions.We know we have already piqued your interest, so to further it, we will direct you to expert courses that will introduce you to the world of stocks and investment management better – without ever having to leave the comfort of your couch.
4. Account Opening Free: Demat account allows an investor to hold securities in an electronic form rather than physical form which has made the whole trading, investing, holding and monitoring of securities convenient and quick.With Zebu you have an option to open Demat Account online for free, the account opening process is simple, and you can complete it in less than 24 hours.
5. Trade & Invest Call System: Today, stock markets have moved from a physical trading system to an online platform. You can place an order and carry out your trade. This can be done by simply calling Zebu. To use the call and trade facility, all you need is a phone. You can place the order on the go. This saves a lot of time and makes the procedure easy. You can place as many orders as you want through one call. You also have access to all kinds of market segments – equity, mutual funds, IPOs, derivatives, etc. The call and trade facility can be used not just to place orders, but also get live quotes and follow-up on the order.
6. Easy Access Mobile App: Zebull Mobile is designed with a wide range of features to make trading simple, dynamic, and convenient for you. The Smart App allows you to perform powerful technical analysis on-the-go, allowing you to carry every aspect of your trade wherever you go. Salient features of Zebull Mobile comprise one click access, powerful scanners, advanced charting tools, insightful workplace, comprehensive data, and detailed reports.
7. Free Charts:Get live quotes, buy and sell signals, intraday charts, track market movements by the tik, get updates on indices. You can view intraday and end of day movements for any scrips across exchanges in the form of candlestick charts, OHLC, points and figure, line charts, etc.
8. 100% Norms Protected: we view protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We understand clearly that you and your personal information is one of our most important assets. Wehave taken reasonable measures to protect security and confidentiality of our Customer information
9. Free Newsletter: A newsletter consist of market news which helps to make best investment decisions
10. Complete Transparency: We believe in being transparent about our charges. So, we have put up the entire charge list on our website. Also, all charges and plan details are clearly defined in account opening document. No minimum charges or no other charges are applicable.
11. Technology Adoption: At Zebu, our mission is to empower traders and investors to unleash their potential by supporting them with technology that is sensible and easy-to-use. Enjoy a seamless trading experience. Manage your portfolio, trade efficiently, stay up-to-date on market movements with our web-based trading platform with a simplified interface to meet client’s investment needs. Seamlessly move through all your investment accounts through our Web trading platform. This integrated wealth management platform lets you manage accounts with one login.
Best in Class Algo Trading Company:
Algorithmic trading is the new way to invest and trade. It is based on user-defined algorithms and is limited to function as per users’ preference. We have one of the best-in-class algo trading platform where trading can be done from anywhere, anytime, customise though simple clicks and let the machines do the work. Zebu has been dealing in investment-based services for a long time and we have acquired the said expertise with time and experience in the field. The aim is to keep the customers first and guarantee customer satisfaction. In addition, we have an experienced and eminent team which offer inputs based on their intensive research and review.
Use of mobile for stock market trading has been rapidly gaining recognition following the increasing participation of retail as well as institutional customers. The shift from desktop computers and other trading terminals to mobile trading apps have been essentially driven by the ease of placing orders with an active eye on the portfolio consistent with the current market prices
As our smartphones become more and more central to our day-to-day lives, it is no surprise that apps have been developed, permitting stock trading right from the mobile device. Investors have been making use of their mobile devices to check the stock market on the move but increasingly trades are now being made on mobiles too
Why Zebull Mobile?
Zebull Mobile is one of the most reliable stock trading applications for both iOS and Android platforms, while offering guaranteed security to its investors. Zebull Mobile’s user-friendly interface allows users to navigate through a myriad of options without any difficulties for all types of requirements. The user-friendly structure of application delivers simple and convenient trading experience.
Zebull Mobile consists of various features that makes trading simple, dynamic, and convenient for customers. The smart application allows the customers to perform all the powerful technical analysis on the go. Salient features of Zebull Mobile comprise one click access, powerful scanners, advanced charting tools, insightful workplace, comprehensive data, and detailed reports. Users can get the real-time benefits of using this app making their financial planning easier and simpler.
Features of Zebull Mobile
- First In-house built Hybrid Mobile App for Trading in India: An elegant, state-of-the-art, hybrid mobile application with a host of features. Zebull Mobile is available on both Apple app store and Google play store as a free download. Customers can view their trades across the devices and platforms at full sync with a single login.
- All Features are Built with “One Click” Access: Users can easily browse the list of stocks, currencies, commodities, mutual funds, and ETF that makes it easier to select the suitable features according to investor’s need and therefore empowering them to manage their own trade in the right way with simple and powerful tools.The Zebull Smart App allows the customers to move around from one area of the application to another in just a few clicks. This makes navigation simpler.
- Alerts and Notifications: Never miss anything important. With our alerts feature, you can get alerted when a stock reaches a certain price. You also receive notifications regarding all relevant information about the market.
- All Order Types Enabled: You can place all the regular types of orders (market orders, limit orders, and stop-loss orders) using the Zebull Mobile app. You just have to click the scrip that you are interested in and click buy/sell and choose the type of order you want to place.
- Flash Trade/Quick Trade Settings Based on Segment: Zebull Mobile app is integrated with their order placement servers. Customers can place orders without any delay by receiving the buy and sell signal from the setup. It enables the customers to utilise the features available on the desktop platform.
- Single-Click Square-Off Position: Squaring off is in which a trader/investor buys/sells a particular quantity of an asset (mostly stocks) and later in the day reverses the transaction, in the hope of earning a profit. Using Zebull Mobile App you can close all open positions by the end of the trading day with a single-click
- Single-Click Cancel All Orders: If customers provide more importance to MTM instead of the individual performance of the stocks, it is more time-consuming to individually select and cancel the orders. Zebull mobile app provides a “Select All” option to delete the positions.
- Technical Chart Features: Get live quotes, buy and sell calls, intraday charts, track market movements by the minute, get updates on indices right on your mobile phone screen. Through Zebull Mobile, you can view intraday and end of day movements for any scrips across exchanges in the form of candlestick charts, OHLC, points and figure, line charts, etc.
- Easy F&O Access and Option Chain Access: Zebull Mobile app helps trade future and options more profitably, wisely, and intelligently. The options chain is highly useful for investors. Zebull Mobile app gives you direct access to options chain and allows you to directly place your orders. You can also get access to Options chain on the NSE website.
- Fund Transfer: The app facilitates safe fund transfer assuring that the app users are empowered to manage their money for the optimum fund utilisation. Zebull Mobile makes adding/withdrawal of funds easy. It provides various methods through which the customer can transfer funds directly from their bank account to their trading account including the UPI-based payment.
- Configurable Index Watch: An indexis important to measure the performance of investments against a relevant market index. Using Zebull Mobil app you can add your favourite and most-traded indices to your “Index Watch” for faster reference and trading.
- Full Day Session Retention: Log in once and connect from your smartphone at any time of the day, without the need to login again. Zebull mobile facilitates its customers to log in once in a day. It means that even if the customer exits through the app then the next time, he/she login, it will take him/her to the same trading session automatically from where he/she left off.
Trade With US Stocks through ZEBU
Strategic investment is an art, and with growing awareness on the equity investment, more and more people are looking to invest in companies based in abroad. With economic recovery in most countries, Indian retail investors are diversifying as well as widening their investment horizon to gain massive returns from foreign equity markets.
Investors from India can invest in the US stock market. If they want to invest in something other than Indian stocks, such as the Sensex or the Nifty 50. The RBI’s Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS) allows Indian investors to invest in US stocks. The Liberalized Remittance Scheme is the name of this new program (LRS). Individuals can send money across borders without obtaining RBI approval under the LRS. The LRS has made it easier for Indian citizens to study, work, and invest in other countries. In accordance with the LRS, you can remit a maximum of US $250,000 USD (around Rs 2 crore) per year for investments. The benefit of investing through the US stock market is that the ecosystem is very well regulated, with strict controls on financial reporting, transparency, and standardised governance practices, making it easier for the investors to evaluate the different opportunities.
Why Invest in US Stocks?
The stock market indices in the United States have historically been less volatile than those in India. The United States is home to the majority of the world’s largest companies, providing you with a more diverse investment portfolio. Since the United States is at the forefront of global innovation, you can invest in a promising business when it is still in its early stages.
How to Invest in US Stocks
- Open a Foreign Brokerage Account: Stock brokers such as Charles Schwab International Account, Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, and others enable Indian investors to open accounts and trade US securities and mutual funds. Before you spend, make sure you understand the fee structure.
- Invest in Indian Mutual Funds and Exchange-Traded funds (ETFs) with Global Equities: This is a cost-effective way to invest in global equities because investors do not need to open an account or retain a minimum deposit. There are several mutual funds that invest directly in international stocks.
- Open an Overseas Account with Indian Brokerage: For any Indian retail investor, this is the most convenient choice, as many full-service fund houses enable them to invest in foreign stocks. For example, at Zebu you can invest in US stocks. This one of the leading and most popular Indian brokerages to offer option to invest in US stocks with no minimum investment. With Zebu some of the features/benefits are: Real-time price quote, Access world class Research and Analysis, Quickest Digital Onboarding, Fund your Account online, No Minimum Investments, 100% Safe & Secure your investments, and Customer accounts are protected up to $ 500,000. The process of opening a “Global Trading Account” with Zebu is quite simple. All you need to register your account KYC, complete KYC and upload the documents funds, and add funds thought online
- Investing Via New-Age Apps: Since the evolution of mobile apps for different types of services, there have been several apps launched by start-ups to help Indian investors invest in the US stock market.
Popular US Investment
Investment Indices: Rather than investing in individual stocks, investors can conveniently invest in a broad diversified basket of stocks through indices in the United States. The following are a few common US indices:
- S&P 500: measures the output of the 500 largest corporations in the United States based on market capitalization. The S&P 500 index increased by more than 28% in 2019, the largest gain since 2013.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA)measures the output of 30 major US companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Nasdaq Stock Market (NASDAQ). The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased by 22% in 2019.
- The Nasdaq Composite Indextracks over 2,500 NASDAQ-listed securities. The Nasdaq Composite Index soared to new heights in 2019.
Before you invest in US stocks from India, keep these things in mind
- Open an overseas trading account if you have the time and expertise to analyse the US market and economy and make informed decisions.
- When opposed to domestic investments, international investments incur higher fees. Look for account fees, brokerage fees, and currency exchange fees, among other things. As a result, make sure you fully comprehend all charges.
- Investing is less expensive than trading in the US stock exchange. This is due to the fact that high charges will eat into traders’ marginal income. Long-term investing also helps you to receive fair post-fee returns.
- Take into account the applicable taxes under US and Indian taxation rules.
- Start with a small investment and gradually raise your investment as you gain a better understanding of the US markets.
Taxation on Investments
There are two forms of taxation events that occur when you invest in the US stock market:
- Taxes on Investment Gains: This profit will be taxed in India. In the United States, no taxes can be withheld. The amount of taxes you must pay in India is based on the length of time you keep the investment. The long-term capital gain threshold is 24 months, with a rate of 20% with indexation benefit. If you sell a stock in less than 24 months, capital gains are considered short-term and are taxed according to your income tax slab.
- Taxes on Dividends: Unlike investment gains, dividends will be taxed in the US at a flat rate of 25%. Fortunately, the United States and India have a Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) that allows you to deduct income tax paid in the United States. The 25% tax you already paid in the United States is eligible as a Foreign Tax Credit, which you can use to cover the income tax you owe in India.
Financial Goals 40 - 50 Age
Financial Goals in Yours 40s-50s
Throughout our lives, it is important to have strategic goals. It largely depends on your age, your finances and your lifestyle what those goals are. It’s time to set new ones as you go through life and accomplish certain goals. So should your goals, as your future aspirations change. In making sure they’re relevant to where you are in life now, you need to be proactive. This is particularly crucial if you are approaching the retirement age.
How to Prioritizes Your Financial Goals in Your 40s-50s?
- Despite the hot debate about renting versus owning a property, the top aspiration remains to own a home. Before you turn 40, buying a home using a loan would give you a longer period to pay off your dues before retirement without burdening your finances. Under Sections 80C, 24b and 80EEA, you will also be eligible for tax benefits on your home loan.
- In your 40s, your family and financial commitments are multiplying. In order to give your family a better life, you work hard. You must also fortify them against death and disease. Therefore, pay attention to your insurance needs. In an emergency, health and life insurance plans will give you and your family much-needed financial security. And if you were to reach an untimely end, a term insurance contract will keep your family going financially. And health insurance is intended to help you cope with extreme medical inflation that makes it difficult for hospitalizations and critical disease care. Often, having these insurance covers before 40 suggests that while you’re still young, you can get them at relatively lower rates. Your premium for insurance is related to your age and fitness. Therefore, while the going is fine, get your coverage. If you have already bought these covers, you can regularly take stock of your promised amount to ensure that it suits your new lifestyle and revenue needs.
- Higher education isn’t affordable. You must, therefore, be prepared to fund the long-term needs of your children. Your kids get closer to beginning college when you hit your 40s and you get nearer to retirement. You have to find a way to balance these complex financial goals and the borrowings you’ll need to achieve them. One of the best ways to invest in the educational needs of your children is through SIPs from mutual funds. You may also consider investing in appreciating assets such as land.
- In your 20s and 30s, you usually don’t worry about saving for retirement. However, when you hit your 40s, you can’t afford to postpone it any longer. In long-term investing, time is of the essence. The more you delay a long-term investment, the harder it becomes for your goal to be achieved. Therefore, give yourself a good start in your 30s to prevent financial anxiety in your 40s and 50s. The retirement corpus you would need in your 60s must take into account the expense of your current lifestyle adjusted for inflation. By your 30s, in long-term investments such as PPF, EPF, NPS, equity mutual funds, etc., you should already have some capital locked in so that it continues to expand exponentially in your later years, providing you with the financial relief you will need in your golden years. You have no time to waste if you haven’t done it.
- At any point of life, you need an Emergency Fund. In your 20s, you may fail to accomplish this aim, but in your 40s, you have little time to lose. It should be at least three to six times your current monthly salary for an emergency fund. It helps you cope with unforeseen incidents such as work loss, a health emergency, urgent travel, etc. Since it strengthens you against the vagaries of life, this fund is important for your emotional, physical and financial well-being. If you haven’t started creating this fund, start off with a recurring deposit and contribute to it every month. Your goal should be to carry your current take-home pay to 3x. Keep adding to the fund once there, until you hit 6x.
- The age of 40 is also the age by which you should have created the appropriate investment portfolio for yourself in accordance with your investment capacity, risk appetite and financial goals, in addition to the above critical goals. A mix of both debt and equity instruments should be in your investment portfolio. In your 40s, you should also consider speeding up your debt payments so that you can free up more of your income for investment and wealth creation later.
Financial goals are monetary targets that one strives to achieve with their hard-earned money. Each process of life is distinct and so are its financial objectives. In your 20s, for example, retirement planning may not be a priority, but you want to invest in ensuring your golden years when you are close to your 40s. By the time you reach the milestone, you’re comfortably on your way to achieving your money goals.
Financial Goals in Middle Age - 30
Financial Goals in Your 30s
The 30s are years of plenty. In your 20s, you have laid the groundwork. For the most part, you are free of insecurity and know in what direction you are going. It’s also a decade of decisions that are significant.
It’s perfectly understandable not to want to take the plunge to tackle your finances. The stakes seem so high, and it’s easy to convince yourself that making the wrong decision will be worse than making no decision at all. However, in reality, putting off financial decisions for another day just puts a secure financial future one day further away.
How to Prioritize Your Financial Goals in Your 30s?
- In your twenties, you have set up a budget and perhaps accumulated some savings. But from year to year, your income and expenses, as well as your needs, wants and dreams, will possibly change. Your budget will need to adapt to changes in life, such as marrying, raising children, or starting your own company. “It’s a balancing act”. Not all individuals get married in their 30s, so you’ll need to adjust your budget if you’re considering this life change. Before planning a family, you should also have enough emergency money, a stable source of income and a budget that allocates much of your funds to things that your house and children need.
- As your assets grow, you may need more insurance to cover them. Maybe now you’re renting a bigger or more private space. You could buy a house (and you need home insurance) or a car (and need auto insurance). You may have some loved ones who rely financially on you (and you need life insurance to make sure that if anything happens to you, they’re taken care of). All of these situations call for additional protection. Even if your condition has not changed, to ensure that you still get the best deal, you can regularly re-shop your insurance plans.
- You should have got rid of all your student loan debt, credit card debt, auto notes and every other debt except your mortgage by your 40th birthday. Focusing on debt reduction now frees up your money so that you can use it when you grow older more efficiently. If you have kept revolving accounts open for your credit benefits, make sure that every month you pay off the balances in full to free up income and keep your credit score high.
- Having some savings at 30 is ideal, but by no means common. A recent survey showed that 72% of millennials have less than 73k in savings — no emergency fund, no holiday fund and no saving for big purchases. You might have heard about the 50/30/20 rule: spend 50% of your income on essentials like rent and food, 30% on entertainment and discretionary spending, and save (or invest) the remaining 20%.
- Diversity is always a smart thing when it comes to the investments. This implies that it will not impact your entire financial well-being if one source of income is adversely hit. In terms of investment, diversifying means ensuring that the portfolio has various types of investments (bank savings, stocks, bonds, property). In terms of income, that means finding different sources of income to add to your total income.
- Get in the habit of checking your financial progress on a regular basis, including loans, savings, assets, pensions, and credit score. When loans are supposed to be paid off, make a note in your calendar and have a plan on what you’re going to do with the cash that frees up. Set daily reminders on a monthly basis to give your finances the once-over, and figure out your net worth and make any changes required once a year.
Your 30’s are a great time to get more serious about your future, and a lot of freedom and potential is unlocked when you put in a bit of time to understand the basics of investing and financial planning. Take it one step at a time, and keep focused on a stress-free financial future.
Financial Goals in Young Age <25's
Financial Goals in Your 20s
You do not worry too much when you are in your twenties about keeping your financial house in order. When you settle down and start your “real life,” such a goal will sound like the kind of thing you should focus on. After all, it does not seem like you have a lot of assets to manage; you may only be out of college, still in debt, at your first job, and not making a lot of money. But even so, as you grow older, there are steps you can begin taking now that will set a strong foundation for building wealth and protection.
Your 20s are the best time to lay the groundwork for a sound economic future. More and more people are using their 20s to explore, travel, socialise and make the most of their responsibility-free years with new skills and training. Your 20s are also an excellent time to set the stage for your financial future While being a married home owner with kids at 30 is no longer the financial milestone it once was, you can still spend your 20s preparing for the road ahead.
How to Prioritize Your Financial Goals in Your 20s?
- Most 20-somethings leave college with student loan debt. Your first priority should be to keep your student loans under control until you have a stable income. Create a plan for your debt to be paid off as soon as possible.
- Develop a saving habit that can bridge the gap between your long-term goals and your current financial condition. It will help give you a respectable financial return by placing a proportion of your money into a high-interest savings account. Many 20-year-olds also rely on the assistance of their parents with financial problems. Act as quickly as possible for full financial freedom. That will free up the money of your parents for other retirement things they need and want, give you a sense of pride in how you live your life
- In your 20s, spending less money every day is another significant goal to adopt. In order to do so, you do not always have to deny yourself either. You should set up a budget, start shopping at more affordable food and clothing stores. You should also look at ways to minimize greater recurring costs so that you have more cash in your wallet to put your savings and investment targets in the direction of your savings and investing goals and are less likely to run up excessive debt amounts. For instance, if you start cooking more at home or exercising outside, you can cut or reduce spending on budget-busters (stress) such as eating out or a seldom used gym membership
- You’ll want to start building your fund for emergencies. At the bare minimum, to cover car expenses, unforeseen doctor’s bills or other financial emergencies, you’ll want a few hundred in your fund. Now, setting up an emergency fund will help you avoid accumulating excessive credit card debt in an emergency. To create your emergency fund, save at least 10 percent of your monthly pay check.
In your 20s, you establish habits that will follow you throughout your life. This is the stage of life where you can develop your profession, get married, or even plan to start a family, making it even more necessary to set goals and start saving for yourself. In short, if in your 20s you practise healthy financial practises, in the future you will be financially in a much better position.
Demat Trading for Women
Since time immemorial, women have overcome odds and challenged adversity. As the world moves forward, women are today leading the charge for a progressive society. There is not a single field where women have not excelled, be it politics, finance, IT, law, business, sports, etc. You find women everywhere. With women conquering most domains of life, stock market investment should be no different. Today, it’s important that we change the old school of thought and the stereotype beliefs that men do the investing and women usually do the saving bit.
In the majority of the households, women are the ones to decide on various payments related activities. As such, there is no impediment on their part to decide where to invest their funds. The stock market provides women with a platform to support their families, to become independent and financially contribute to her family, thereby establishing your own identity. Equipped with proper financial knowledge, it has become easy for women to dive into the capital market, invest, start trading, and raise the invested fund. With the help of the Internet, you have the option of making money in your free time through the option of online stock trading.
Trading can be a good means of generating income. It is not merely a hobby but a career in itself. “I’m afraid of losing any money,” is the most common answer I receive when I ask a woman why she keeps all her money in a checking or savings account. Often, she will add, “I’m conservative when it comes to money.” Let me tell you, trading is not as risky as you think; all you need is to learn/understand the rules and just follow them. “If you can overcome the apprehensions about stock trading, it would be fairly easy to earn a decent income”. The best part about trading you can do it online or through a smartphone app. All you need is a Demat (dematerialized) account to get started.
Many women feel they are unable to understand financial content since they find the subject complex. Many women believe that stock trading requires one to be a master of quants or a mathematics genius altogether. However, this is not a reality. Trading and investment in the stock market is quite understanding and also simple, and it is no rocket science. In fact, even in this field women have showcased their prowess. And the stock market is far simpler than this. All the math that you need in the stock market is as simple as what you learned in your 4th grade!
Stock trading is not a “woman’s cup of tea”, I was told. However recent statistics have shown more and more women are entering a field that has been a male preserve for a long time. Stock trading can be mastered with a little bit of patience, effort and an open mind. So, if you (women) start exposing yourselves to the nitty-gritty of stock trading and expand your knowledge, then, trading too becomes one form of investment to make you financially independent. And you can even enjoy stock trading in between few sips of tea!!
Another common reason I get to hear is that women feel stock trading requires a lot of time and they are already being tasked with many responsibilities. Well, women, today are efficiently able to manage both their work and home. They are better managers and can cope with stress easily. You do not need the whole day to do stock trading. A little time spent each day is enough, and considering you are all good managers of time, the excuse “time is not there” does not hold good!
We all talk about empowering women financially; stock trading turns out to be a “game-changer” in this context. Today, a number of stockbrokers extend tech-driven solutions that do everything from market analysis to risk assessment on their investors’ behalf. Many brokers teach the basics of trading to their registered members. They will also handhold you for the initial period and provide you with sources of stock analysis.
“Zebu Demat Trading Account for Women” is a unique proposition that lets women take control of their investments. The Demat account is designed to empower women with the benefits of stock market investing as well as keeping in mind women’s interests.
We can conclude this way……
“Since financial empowerment has an enduring impact in terms of social enablement, tapping the stock markets is possibly the best options that Indian women have today. With our “Zebu Demat trading account for women”, we empower women to tap this avenue and acquire an improved status within their social circles – becoming the true agents of change in India and across the globe”
Difference between Traders and Investors
Trading and investing both involve seeking profit in the stock market, but they pursue that goal in different ways. Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. Both investors and traders seek profits through market participation. In general, investors seek larger returns over an extended period through buying and holding. Traders, by contrast, take advantage of both rising and falling markets to enter and exit positions over a shorter timeframe, taking smaller, more frequent profits.
Trading is a one-day cricket match, while investing is a test cricket. . You’d watch professional team players expected to hit fours & sixes in a one-day game to score higher. Whereas, in the test match, the art of the game is seen! Similarly, traders are professional, technical people who fwho time the market and learn market trends to achieve higher profits. It is linked to the market’s psychology. On the other side, investors evaluate the stocks in which they want to invest. Investing also involves understanding the basics of business and a commitment to remain involved in the longer term. It is related to the philosophy that runs the business.
Difference Based on Risks Involved
Whether you trade or invest, your capital is at the mercy of markets and hence there is a risk-return trade-off you should be aware of. However, when it comes to investing vs trading on the basis of risk, trading ranks higher. The simple reason why trading is riskier is that trading involves taking super quick short-sighted decisions, which may go well and go horribly wrong as well. A trader does not base his/her decisions on how promising the growth prospects of a business are. He/she may buy a scrip based on external influence and lose money when the prices hit a low which can also make it riskier. Needless to say, trading can oscillate between highs and lows quite rapidly. On the other hand, investing as a habit takes time to develop and reaps results in long term. The risks are lower and comparatively the returns are lower when the period of holding is less, however, if stocks are held for a long time, your investment can fetch higher returns due to compounding effect of interest and dividends. If the stock you have invested in is fundamentally strong, the daily market fluctuations will have negligible to no impact on your investment.
Difference Based on Time Horizon
The difference between investment and trading can also be based on time horizon. Let’s use an example to grasp this. Suppose you’ve got the money to buy a house in a good place. The price of your property rises within two weeks and you sell it for a profit. This is called trading. If you buy a house, however, since you know that it has significant long-term appreciation potential as a national highway will be constructed near it a few years down the road, and therefore hold on to it, you are essentially investing. Trading simply involves holding stocks for a short period of time and making a profit by selling stocks as soon as the price touches a high. The period of consideration for traders can range anywhere from a day to weeks to months. Most traders will buy stocks in the morning and even sell them by the end of the day! Price movements have a very high significance and effect on a trader’s decisions. Investing is achieved with a long-term view, on the other hand. A stock investor chooses stocks based on strong fundamentals and keeps on to them for a longer period of time, ranging from a few years to decades to even more, until convinced.
Period and Capital Growth
Trading is a method of holding stocks for a short period of time. It could be for a week, or a day more often! Trader holds stocks until the short-term high performance, while investment is a strategy which works on the principle of buy and hold. For some years, decades or even longer periods, investors invest their money. Short term market fluctuations are insignificant in the long running investing approach. Traders look at the price movement of the stocks. If the price goes higher, the stocks will be sold by traders. Trading is simply the ability to time the market where investing is an art of accumulating wealth by compounding interest and dividends over the years by keeping quality stocks in the market.
Hence, when it comes to wealth creation in stock market, investing and trading are the two genres of the industry. However, investing and trading are very different approaches to asset generation or creating income in the financial market. Imagine, now, you and your friend purchased equal amount of seeds to sow in your fields however you sold them to someone in a day so you could make profit (trader). But your friend sowed the seeds and let them grow for a few years until they gave new seeds. He sowed the new seeds and did this for years and sold a lot more seeds eventually than were purchased (investor). By investing his seeds, he would have made profit much different from what you made from selling your seeds. This is literally the distinction between investment and trading.
Is Finance Knowledge Necessary ?
Financial literacy is the ability to understand how to make sound financial choices so you can confidently manage and grow your money. When you’re financially literate, you are able to allocate your income toward various goals simultaneously—not just to ongoing expenses, but to savings, debt repayment and a rainy-day fund too.
The lack of knowledge on financial literacy may lead to making poor financial decisions that can have serious impacts on your financial well-being. Hence, it is high time we understood our finances well and did better financial planning and investments for a smooth financial life.
Here are a few questions which you can ask yourself to know your financial literacy rate:
- Do you understand fundamental financial principles, such as compound interest, credit ratings, mutual funds, etc.?
- Are you capable of making financial decisions that are effective? Do you know the best ways for cash flow to be generated?
- Are you capable of making financial planning effectively? Are you in a position to handle your personal finances well?
- Are you aware of the most profitable savings techniques?
- Will you have enough savings for your rainy days?
- Do you live a life free from debt?
- Do you know the best investment options for gaining maximum profit?
- Do you have the solutions for your financial problems?
Now, if you are not able to find satisfactory answers to these questions, then you definitely need to educate yourself on financial concepts as soon as possible.
“I believe that if people really understand how financial systems work at an early age or even later in life, if they have made bad decisions but learn how they can go back and correct them and start preparing for the future, they can then embrace that and take action to make a better life for themselves”. Moreover, the subject of financial literacy is an important one for people of all ages—from high-schoolers to retiree
Why Financial Knowledge is Important?
- Being financially literate will show us how necessary it is to budget and save. As such we would not waste our money on costly appliances, clothing, cars, luggage, shoes, and other stuff we just don’t need. We can better understand our expectations and needs and can prioritize things in our everyday lives according to their essence.
- Acquiring too much debt can put us in deep trouble. We can decide the amount of loan we can afford to pay if we are financially literate, especially if we have mortgage and insurance bills. This will also prepare us to provide for the education of our children and their future needs, as well as for medical and hospital bills without having to borrow money.
- It will help us protect the future of the next generation by being financially literate. For the years ahead, we will teach them how to budget and save to plan. Even at their young age, they may also understand how their parents work hard to cater for all their needs. Likewise, helping them become aware of the importance of financial literacy would give them discipline and respect for their parents. This will also teach them to realize that they can ultimately be financially independent. They are going to be more accountable, wise, prudent and smart.
- In order to survive or solve our monetary and emotional crises, we face moments of emergency where we need cash or lots of money. Being financially literate in times like these will save us the hassle of borrowing money which will only cause us more problems.
The key to improving your financial literacy is to just start! You will have more confidence in money management with better financial literacy and will feel more in charge of your finances. “Of course! As eager as you might be to become more financially literate, it would not happen overnight. It happens through both personal experience as well as continually exposing yourself to new ideas and other’s perspectives”.
An emergency fund is a valuable asset that should be set aside in case of a financial emergency. It is a fund that you may use in a time of crisis or for unanticipated and unplanned events, rather than for regular expenses. As a result, you must design it to meet any unexpected financial shortfalls that might arise.
Life is full of unexpected situations – good and bad. As a result, you must be financially prepared; while certain foreseeable expenditures can be planned for, an emergency fund can help you cover all unplanned expenses effectively.
One example of an unplanned expense is the current pandemic. Many people have had their salaries cut or even lost their jobs as a result of the current situation. An emergency fund can come in handy during these trying times and help you get through them with relative ease. People who have an emergency fund are much more prepared to deal with the lockdown than those who do not.
Emergency Fund Must be Liquid
The ability to cover unforeseen costs is the primary reason for having a liquid emergency fund, and it is the most important thing to consider when deciding where to keep your emergency fund.
Building an Emergency Fund
An emergency fund is not built overnight, but rather over time. Set aside a specific sum in a different bank account every month. It will quickly expand into a sizable corpus that you desire. Assume you’ve agreed to set aside INR 1 lakh as an emergency fund. In this scenario, you can set aside INR 5000 or INR 10000 per month to build up the required capital. It’s good to also reduce your investments in order to reach this goal.
How Much Your Emergency Fund Must Have?
Every person’s financial requirements are unique. Each person’s lifestyle, dependents, income, and unavoidable expenses are all different. As a result, each figure will be different. Before you figure out how much of an emergency fund you’ll need, figure out how much money you’ll need to get through the unavoidable monthly expenses. This may include things like rent, loan payments, and utility bills, among other things. Make sure you don’t include unavoidable expenses including entertainment, travel, and so on in this estimate. If you’ve determined your monthly expenses, try to put together a cash reserve that will allow you to go three to six months without receiving any income. That is, an emergency fund will vary from three to six months of your monthly revenue, depending on your income and expenses. For instance, if you receive INR 30000 a month and INR 15000 of that goes toward your regular living expenses, your emergency fund should be between INR 60000 and INR 1000000.
Where to Invest Your Emergency Fund
You shouldn’t leave your emergency fund completely in cash or in a savings account once you’ve accumulated it. Even though an emergency fund should be liquid, it should not be used often. As a result, invest it in such a way that you get good returns without sacrificing liquidity. Spreading the emergency fund through liquid funds, short-term RDs, and debt mutual funds is the best option.
Example, assume your monthly living expenses are INR 40000. As a result, you’ll need to set aside INR 2-2.5 lakh for an emergency fund. Given the rising cost of living, this could take some time. Using a debt mutual fund will help you achieve this aim faster. These funds will help you build a corpus in a shorter period of time because they have low risks and the potential to earn good returns. You could automate your savings and investments by starting a systematic investment plan (SIP). You can also put your yearly bonus, if any, into these funds to help you achieve your goal faster.
Redeeming Emergency Fund
Many liquid funds allow instant redemption of up to INR 50000, or 90 per cent of the invested sum, in terms of liquidity. You have the option to redeem at any time. They will immediately credit the funds to your connected bank account. Before you invest in a liquid fund, make sure the fund house allows immediate redemption. This way, you can ensure easy access to your emergency fund while earning high returns by spreading it through various avenues.
Most of you nowadays aim for financial freedom at a young age. You want to be able to retire in your forties and have all your financial needs taken care of. Although this requires a lot of preparation and strategic investing, it all starts with setting up an emergency fund to cover any unexpected expenditures that arise in the immediate future. It can be extremely useful in emergency situations, such as the current lockout. If you haven’t already started, make 2021 the year you start saving for an emergency fund.
Getting your finances in order is a tough task and takes up a lot of hard work, discipline and time. For purchasing a new home, organizing a wedding, going for higher studies, or starting your business, everything requires high capital. While these are planned expenses, many times, people have to deal with unplanned financial expenses, like paying a hospital bill. While some prefer to take care of financial emergencies from their savings, others might think of taking a loan or borrow money.
Before you take a loan, it makes sense to think about whether you really need to borrow money. At times like this – with economic uncertainty and rising bills – many people are now choosing to pay back money they have already borrowed rather than borrow more. There are some very important questions you need to answer before you borrow money. You should ask yourself if:
- You need to spend the money
- You have other ways of financing the purchase, and
- You can afford to pay back the money you are planning to borrow.
If you really do not need to spend the money today, then you should seriously consider saving some money each month rather than getting into debt. However, getting a loan is a big step financially, and should not be taken lightly. Unfortunately, far too many of us are not intentional with our spending or our saving. And generally, that means we spend far more than we save. If something seems nice in the moment, we buy it, sometimes as an unconscious reaction. In short, it’s normal for money habits to live in opposition to our real financial goals. Figuring out how to prioritize your goals aims to align your habits with the outcomes you want to see come true.
Here are few things to know before you take out a loan, so you know if it’s the right decision for you.
- You can think of financial goals as future purchases you want to make or may be forced to make. If you don’t save ahead of time, these might be situations where you’d otherwise have to take out future loans. Each person’s goals are unique, so there’s no way to list all possible financial goals.
- With your financial goals identified, it’s time to turn these vague ideas into more concrete action items. You need to know the size and scale of each of your goals. You should get as specific as possible. You may have many goals which to achieve you may need to take a loan, but what is important is to understand clearly which need must be prioritised.
- Once you have each goal clearly defined, the next step is to rank each of your goals in order of importance. Which means you need to take that loan which is important and needed at the moment. For example, if you have funded your education through a bank loan, then the first important thing you need to look at clearing this loan when you start your first job. At that time your aim should be to clear of this loan rather than looking at new loan just because you have a good salary. Many people tend to invest in long-term loans like house the moment they get a job, thinking the early they start, the more they get time to repay the loan. However, that is not the case, it can be so that you spend all your life clearing home loan letting go off other priorities.
- The next step is to estimate how much you will need to save per month to reach each goal. Betterment will do this automatically for you when you set up your goals, but you could do it yourself if you know. This way you will have an idea if at all you need to take loan how much do you need to take.
- How much you already have saved up
- The time horizon until your goal
- Expected growth rate of your investments
However, where necessary if you have to take a loan, then it must be something that is the absolute need of hour, or to pay existing loans such as an education loan, etc. Huge loans such home loan can be taken in the mid-age life as by then you would have considerable savings/investments and you can balance your financial obligation by purchasing your house with both your savings as well as a home loan. This way you would be able to meet other important priorities, for example, if you get married you may have to take a marriage loan, so it is necessary that after the marriage you focus on clearing this loan rather than taking a new loan to meet future financial goals. Besides you would have other commitments/priorities after marriage such as planning for kids, then meeting their present and future needs, etc. As such, before planning to take loan all these points must be considered
Similarly, avoid taking a loan for discretionary spending. You may be getting SMSs from your credit card company for a travel loan, but such wants are better fulfilled by saving up. For example, it is not a good idea to take a personal loan for buying luxury watches and high-end bags. This is also one of the basic rules of investing. Never use borrowed money to invest. Ultra-safe investments like fixed deposits and bonds won’t be able to match the rate of interest you pay on the loan. And investments that offer higher returns, such as equities, are too volatile. If the markets decline, you will not only suffer losses but will be strapped with an EMI as well.
However, of you have decided to take a loan, there is an important rule of thumb you must follow. The important rule of smart borrowing is what the older generation has been telling us all the time: don’t live beyond your means. Take a loan that you can easily repay. One thumb rule says that car EMIs should not exceed 15% while personal loan EMIs should not account for more than 10% of the net monthly income. Your monthly outgo towards all your loans put together should not be more than 50% of your monthly income. But don’t take a loan just because it is available. Make sure that your loan-to-income ratio is within acceptable limits. For example, X has been repaying loans right from the time he started working. It started with two personal loans of Rs 7 lakh 8 years ago. At that time, he was paying an EMI of Rs 19,500 (or 40% of his take home). Despite stretched finances, X took a car loan of Rs 6.74 lakh in 2012, adding another Rs 12,500 to his monthly outgo. Last year, 2020, he took a third personal loan of Rs 9.5 lakh to retire the other loans and another top-up loan of Rs 4 lakh to meet other expenses. Today, he pays an EMI of Rs 52,500, which is almost 76% of his net take-home pay.
Last, it pays to be disciplined, especially when it comes to repayment of dues. Whether it is a short-term debt like a credit card bill or a long-term loan for your house, make sure you don’t miss the payment. Missing an EMI or delaying a payment are among the key factors that can impact your credit profile and hinder your chances of taking a loan for other needs later in life.